29 March 2020

MDF Boxes

Hello everyone.

Sharing two MDF boxes From Lisa Horton Crafts. They are great for storing A6 stamps.This is something different for me and gave me chance to use some of my pastes which I have in my stash. I thought to share some photos how I made the boxes.


MDF boxes from Lisa Horton Crafts, Gold and Pink Mica powders, Crackle, Cogs and Playing cards stencils,
Texture paste white sand used for black box
Viva decor 3D paste used for blue box
Gansai Tambi paints
Gold wax from Imagination crafts.



For the black box I put the box together and painted with black gesso paint.



I mixed the paste with a bit of gold mica powder and added to the sides of the box with Crackle stencil and let it to dry. Is better to leave to dry over night. Then I added some cog stencil to the corner with the same paste. I kept the paste mixed with mica in a little plastic bag. Also I added some grey board cogs and added some gold wax to them before gluing to some corners of the box with glue gun. Added a bit of gold wax to the corners.

So here is the black box.



For the blue box.

Put the box together and paint with white gesso. I used the Playing cards stencil, applied the paste to the diamonds around the box and let it to dry. 


Then I used blue colour paint and added around diamonds and sprayed some water to the paint.


I used some kitchen roll papers to take the excess of water as you can see on the photo. Then I added pinkish red paint to the diamonds with water and used kitchen papers to take some water away by dabbing. As you can see the photo below. When it's all dried I added pink mica powder to little spray bottle with some water and sprayed on top of diamonds for little shimmer. Really enjoyed making these boxes especially using the paints.


You can find some of these products soon on here That Craft Place
Don't forget to look at Lisa Horton Crafts blog Lisa Horton Crafts blog
And Facebook group where you can share some of your projects using Lisa's products and be inspired by others. We also have monthly challenge. Crafting with Lisa Horton Facebook


Hope you are all safe and looking after yourself in this difficult time.
Thank you for looking and leaving your comments.
Crafty Hugs to you all and Stay Safe.
Natalia 




10 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautifully decorated love the gold effect against the black
Carol x

Wendy L said...

This looks amazing Natalia, xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Twos such gorgeous boxes Natalia.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Claire said...

I always look out for your work and I spied these the other day, they're so wonderful. You do some stunning design team work Natalia x

aussie aNNie said...

Artistic and love the gold...design is awesome.x

cotnob said...

Fabulous boxes Natalia, I love how you have decorated them - thank you for the step by step.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jackie T said...

Hi Natalia I love how you have decorated this box it is beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

EmmaT said...

WOnderfully decorated boxes. Emma

ALI said...

Lovely work, I bet it doesn't take long to fill them!

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

WOW, love the boxes Natalia, especially the black and gold. I love making boxes!

June x